Mimic of Modes Historic Patterns

At last, Julie and I have basically wrapped up all of the rewards for that Kickstarter campaign we ran some time ago!
But whatever the roadblocks, all of the sewn rewards have been distributed, all of the digital patterns have been sent out, and I have passed on all of the ones meant to be printed to Julie and contacted anyone who filled out the survey as needing help. Many, many, many thanks to everyone who supported us.

Going forward, however, I will not be with Dragonrose Historic Patterns, but will instead be running Mimic of Modes Historic Patterns. This really doesn't make much of a difference to you - I can still fulfill the "future pattern" rewards, and the overarching ethos of my patterns will still be the same: they'll be based on actual garments from museum or personal collections, some that are representative of the "average" and some that are interesting variations.

I do plan to have standard sizes available as well as the custom sizing, and an "original size" for the brave souls who prefer to do their own alterations. Standard patterns can be more rigorously tested, and some people may prefer being able to immediately download a pattern that's relatively close to fitting rather than having to wait for a custom one.
Just a sketchy logo prototype!

If you want to keep up with Mimic of Modes Patterns and have early access to sales and promotions, you can sign up for my email list below:




The Pingat pattern is not listed there as yet. I think it would be better to start small and work my way back up to that very ambitious project, to make sure it's exactly what it should be. For my first solo offering, I'm torn between a nice little early 1910s shirtwaist in the St. Lawrence County Historical Association collection:


(This is similar to Folkwear's Armistice blouse, but has certain construction features that date it earlier.)

Or, on the other hand, a white cotton dress I actually own from the same period, made along these lines:


There is also the option of a pattern based on my great-grandmother's commencement dress:


Being from 1919, it would obviously be very timely for centennial-type celebrations.

I would love to get your input on which of these three possible patterns you think I should be concentrating on, and to hear from anyone who's interested in being a pattern tester!

Comments

  1. My vote is for the 1919 commencement dress. I love the blouse, too, and am interested in construction features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most professors are in a position to develop a good suggestion of your tone and standpoint all through the course of the semester. If you want to learn more about QandA then please click here or visit our website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ca. 1866 Brown Gown - A Close-Up Look

Pride and Prejudice 1995: The Little Things

Hyde Hall Planning: 1830s Chemises