Monday, January 2, 2012

1911 Corset Sew-Along, Day One

Not much to report.  I had copied the 1911 corset pattern from C&C and used the Corsetmaking Revolution percentages method to determine the widths of all the pieces, but I wasn't sure it was right (and I knew it wasn't in some areas), so I scaled it up a bit and printed it out again.  Then I measured and multiplied and divided once more, and produced something that made a bit more sense.  I finally drew the pieces out on some newspaper through my own inexplicable scaling-up method, amazed that they came out to be the right size and to fit together.

Then I read the post on using the slashing method to widen pattern pieces, which is much simpler.  Well.  Next time.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, next time. All that matters is the pieces work together, how ever they were enlarged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're making some great projects -- where are the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be completely honest, there are no photos because I've done next to nothing on the sewing. Well, technically, I have done nothing on the sewing. :( But when I do I will certainly post pictures!

    ReplyDelete